This spectacular self-pace course with detailed and visually inspiring videos will take you step by step into the amazing journey of printing plants on cellulose and silk fabrics.
You will learn about different recipes of mordant concentrations that yield a wide palette of colours. I developed this innovative mordant method that is based on concentration and over the years I have gained a lot of experience using it in my own work and in my classes. It is easy to prepare, quick to apply, it gives a lot of control and possibilities and the sharpness of the prints is really wonderful.
For the first time I will present my amazing library of samples with fingerprints from plants I collected all over the world. We will analyze them and you will gain insight into the nature of plants. This will enable you to know in advance what fingerprints to expect from plants on the fabric. I will show you different bundling techniques, how to keep the natural color of the fabric in the background and also how to create different colors and shades in the backgrounds. You will get good prints from all plants, even if they lack the ability to print beautifully.
This masterclass online workshop will take you to a level of excellence regardless of the experience you have. Learn by my side and enjoy this journey, as if we were together in a workshop.
We will grab all the beauty of Nature in the folds of fabrics.
Get this course
- Kinds of fabrics we can use in this class
- How to prepare your fabrics
- Equipment and materials required
- Become an active observer of Nature getting to know the substances that plants contain
- Use this knowledge to know what to expect from plants on the fabric
- See all my vast library of prints of plants from all over the world
- Influence of metals in the mordant – Aluminum, iron, aluminum+iron (the combo solution) and their special relationship with the different organic substances plants contain.
- How to use easily available substances to prepare an accurate mordant solution
- How to use the mordant as a creative tool – you will get 3 different concentrations of mordant recipes that will yield different results: a milestone for light, medium and dark results. You also will be able to adjust the recipes and create more recipes on your own. This is a powerful tool that will give you not only control on the final results but also a method that will help you to achieve your unique style
- How to process your fabrics in the mordant in a quick, easy and innovative way
- The tannin and ferrous reaction and how to take advantage of this reaction for printing and for backgrounds
- Plants we can extract tannin from
- Colors we can get from different plants that contain tannin
- How to extract tannin from plants that are available and you can gather in your local environment
- How to use tannin extracts
- How to get beautiful, colorful and crisp prints on the natural color of the fabric
- How to combine prints with different color backgrounds
- 4 different bundling techniques for 4 different printing styles
- How to bundle large pieces of fabrics
- How to steam your bundles and finish the work
The Online Experience
- You will get step by step video guidance in each lesson.
- The guidance includes many visual samples that will support all kinds of explanations and will help you to easily understand even the most complicated subjects
- The guidance also includes demonstrations of “how to do” and the videos will exactly show the processes with detailed close ups
- You will get unlimited access to all workshop materials
- You will be part of a private group in which you can show your results, join discussions and interact with other like-minded people
- 62 lessons
- Beginners /Advanced
- English, Spanish, Italian and French
Botanical Printing - The Full Palette
Botanical prints on silk and cellulose fabrics: printing all kinds of plants and getting a wide palette of colors
Get the course
- The online workshop materials are copyrighted, and the registered members are free to use it for their own private purposes only.
- Use of the Site does not grant the user any right to use the Site’s intellectual property. It is prohibited to copy, record, reproduce, translate, advertise, distribute, change, process, publish, reverse-engineer, create a derived work from, lease, broadcast or publicly present the content and/or information presented on this Site.
- Once you buy the online workshop the whole course is open to you 24/7;
- There are no refunds of online course fees under any circumstances.