In this course I will teach you how to print on wool and silk, preparing your fabrics with only diluted iron water and still getting colorful and beautiful results. Focusing on sustainability, I will explain to you how to create your home-made iron water using no chemicals , how to maintain it and use it in your work.You will get two beautifully printed fabrics with a different style of print from the same bundle. You will learn how botanics behave on the fabrics with this method and also get spectacular colors from eucalyptus. I will also teach you how to create a colorful background.
This course has given me a much deeper understanding and grounding of the different eco print techniques and taken me so much further along my journey in botanical printing.
- Fabrics suitable for this technique: wools and silks
- Different fabrics, different results
The Double Printing bundling technique
- Constructing a bundle for double printing
- Going deeper working with iron water including the iron blanket technique
- Different styles of mirror images
- Plants best suited for this technique.
- My top ten favorites
- Sides of leaves: a key concept and how to make the most of it: 1 leaf=4 prints
- The graphic charm of needle leaves: how to print them
- Eucalyptus: that amazing touch of color
Let’s do it
- Working with your homemade iron water jar: how to prepare, maintain and use it in your work
- Making a bundle with this technique from beginning to end
- Steaming, opening and revealing
- Creating a coloured background using tannins.
- How to combine colorful prints and dark prints on the same fabric
- 00 lessons
- Spanish, Italian, French
Learn from home at your own pace
with no time limit
- This workshop includes 00 beautiful and inspiring videos with step by step video guidance in each session.
- Un bouton « Aperçu » dans chaque leçon vous permet de trouver des informations écrites supplémentaires telles que des recettes de mordant, des listes de plantes, etc.
- A “Community” button in each lesson where you can can add questions and search other students questions;
- You will get lifetime access to all course materials;
- After registration you will be invited to join the course private group that allows you to show your results and join discussions.
- There are no refunds of online course fees under any circumstances
- The online workshop materials are copyrighted, and the registered members are free to use it for their own private purposes only.
- Use of the Site does not grant the user any right to use the Site’s intellectual property. It is prohibited to copy, record, reproduce, translate, advertise, distribute, change, process, publish, reverse-engineer, create a derived work from, lease, broadcast or publicly present the content and/or information presented on this Site.