In this course we will deal with an Eco printing technique which yields monochromatic results. We will learn how to print different parts (leaves, barks, buds, etc) of a variety of eucalyptus and other tannin rich leaves. We will learn how to prepare the fabrics to get this monochromatic look, how to work with tannins and different folding methods. This technique explores the beauty of imperfection, the modesty and the rustic calmness of Nature.
This course led me to develop an art that inspires
- What kinds of fabric would best suit this technique;
- How to prepare your fabrics;
- Equipment and materials for mordanting and printing.
- How to use available substances to prepare homemade mordant solution;
- How to process your fabrics in the mordant solution innovatively;
- You will get an accurate mordant recipe that allows you to get the desired results.
- What are tannins and how to use them for printing and creating different backgrounds;
- How to work with tannin rich plants and learn placement on the fabric;
- How to lay and arrange plants with 3- dimensional parts and achieve clear prints.
- How to get colourful additions with dye – based plants;
- How to make bundles; Different folding techniques;
- Mirror images and free style;
- How to create dark and light backgrounds on the same fabric;
- How to cook your bundles and finish your project.
- 25 lessons
- Spanish, Italian, French
Learn from home at your own pace
with no time limit
- This workshop includes 25 beautiful and inspiring videos with step by step video guidance in each session.
- An “Overview” button in each lessons where you will find additional written information such as mordant recipes, lists of plants and more.
- A “Community” button in each lesson where you can can add questions and search other students questions.
- You will get lifetime access to all course materials.
- After registration you will be invited to join the course private group that allows you to show your results and join discussions.
- There are no refunds of online course fees under any circumstances
- The online workshop materials are copyrighted, and the registered members are free to use it for their own private purposes only.
- Use of the Site does not grant the user any right to use the Site’s intellectual property. It is prohibited to copy, record, reproduce, translate, advertise, distribute, change, process, publish, reverse-engineer, create a derived work from, lease, broadcast or publicly present the content and/or information presented on this Site.