In this course we will deal with an Eco printing technique which yields monochromatic results. We will learn how to print different parts (leaves, barks, buds, etc) of a variety of eucalyptus and other tannin rich leaves. We will learn how to prepare the fabrics to get this monochromatic look, how to work with tannins and different folding methods. This technique explores the beauty of imperfection, the modesty and the rustic calmness of Nature.
Get this course
- Which fabric to use?
- How to prepare your fabrics
- Equipment and materials required
- How to use easily available substances to prepare an accurate mordant solution
- How to process your fabrics in the mordant solution
- What are tannins and how to use them for printing and creating different backgrounds
- How to work with tannin rich plants and learn placement on the fabric
- How to lay and arrange plants with 3- dimensional parts and achieve clear prints
- How to get colourful additions with dye – based plants
- How to make bundles
- Different folding techniques
- Mirror images and free style
- How to create dark and light backgrounds on the same fabric
- How to cook your bundles and finish your project
The Online Experience
- This workshop includes 25 beautiful, inspiring videos. You will get step by step video guidance in each session;
- Written information on the lesson subject is also included, such as mordant recipes, additional tutorials, listed plants and more;
- You will get lifetime access to all workshop materials;
- After registration you will receive access to a private group that allows you to show your results and join discussions. I will answer questions and offer feedback in the group at least once a week;
- 25 lessons
- Spanish, Italian, French
Monochromatic Botanical Printing
Eucalyptus and Tannin Rich Plants on Cellulose Fabrics OnlineGet the course
- The online workshop materials are copyrighted, and the registered members are free to use it for their own private purposes only.
- Use of the Site does not grant the user any right to use the Site’s intellectual property. It is prohibited to copy, record, reproduce, translate, advertise, distribute, change, process, publish, reverse-engineer, create a derived work from, lease, broadcast or publicly present the content and/or information presented on this Site.
- Once you buy the online workshop the whole course is open to you 24/7;
- There are no refunds of online course fees under any circumstances.